YOU CAN TREAT
A NAIL FUNGAL INFECTION WITH
LOCERYL® 5 %15
HOW TO USE LOCERYL®
Toenails only grow about 1 mm a month (and fingernails grow about 3 mm a month),19 so it can be hard to spot improvement over short periods of time.
The sooner you start, the sooner you can show off your new healthy nails.
With weekly use, LOCERYL® 5 % will keep working until your healthy nail has regrown.
A mild infection on the fingernail may take up to 6 months to clear and for the healthy nail to grow out.
This diagram is for illustrative purposes only
Some infections on the toenails may take up to 9-12 months to clear and for the healthy nail to grow out.
This diagram is for illustrative purposes onlyLEARN MORE ABOUT NAIL REGROWTH AND
TREATMENT WITH LOCERYL® 5 %
KEEPING NAILS HEALTHY
You can help your treatment work and prevent future nail fungal infections:
When using LOCERYL® 5 % Nail Lacquer
- Be sure to file the nail surface before applying LOCERYL® 5 %.
This will ensure maximum effect
- Wipe the nail with the swab supplied after filing, to clean away any debris before
- One application 1 - 2 times per week
- Apply lacquer over the entire surface of the infected nail
- It is important to carry on using LOCERYL® 5 % Nail Lacquer until the infection has
cleared and healthy nails have grown back
Other tips to help you keep your nails healthy
- Treat athlete’s foot early, as it is caused by fungus that may infect
- With any foot infections, also treat the inside of the shoes and slippers
with fungal powder/spray
- Keep hands and feet dry and clean at all times, because nail fungus
prefers a moist environment
- Wash feet daily and dry them thoroughly after washing, especially between the toes,
where fungi grow best
- Use a separate towel for feet to avoid infecting other parts of your body
- Wear cotton or natural fibre socks; they help keep your feet dry
- Change socks daily. Wash socks, towels and bathmats regularly
at 60 °C to kill the fungus
- Clean floor regularly to avoid re-infection and transmission to other people
- Choose shoes that will not cause your feet to sweat and use open footwear
- Wear protective footwear in public showers or locker rooms to avoid
contamination from floors
- LOCERYL® 5 % Nail Lacquer is not used to treat athlete’s foot.